A yummy morning breakfast that is ready to go when you are.
We love refrigerator oatmeal. Ready to eat as soon as you rise, it cuts significant time from your morning schedule and has a deliciously thick, customizable consistency. Did we mention it’s a cinch to whip up? Simply toss ingredients in a jar, stir, and pop in the refrigerator.
This delicious recipe features bold fruits like juicy berries and savory bananas. Shredded coconut and a splash of orange juice give the oatmeal a tropical kick, while honey offers a subtle sweetness your taste buds will love. Packed with fiber and complex carbs, this morning meal will hook you up with slow-releasing energy that’ll keep you full and focused for hours!
Refrigerator Oatmeal with Bananas and Berries
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey raw preferred
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 banana peeled, sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup raspberries fresh
- 2 tablespoons coconut shredded, unsweetened
- Stir together oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, cinnamon, honey, and vanilla.
- Add half of the oatmeal mixture to the bottom of the jars. Toss banana slices in orange juice to keep them from browning. Disregard unused orange juice. On top of the oatmeal mixture add half of the banana slices then half of the berries. Repeat layering in both jars. Top with shredded coconut.
- Screw on the lids and place in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy in the morning!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Calling all overnight oatmeal fans! Join the conversation and leave a comment below about this article or anything else on the site.