This recipe for Broiled Salmon with Avocado Grapefruit Salsa couldn’t be any easier! Simply brush your salmon with a chile-spiced oil and broil, then top with the salsa. The tangy salsa creates yummy balance with the spice in the salmon, while the avocado adds healthy fat. Serve this broiled salmon over a bed of mixed greens or even veggie noodles. It’s light, refreshing, and the perfect salmon dish for a warm spring or summer day!
Salmon- Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 303 | Total Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 289mg | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 23g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
Salsa- Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 tablespoons | Calories: 114 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 123mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Ancho chili powder ("regular" chili powder can be substituted)
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit remove, diced small
- 1 red grapefruit, peels and cut into small segments
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- Preheat broiler, lightly spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine olive oil, chili powder, garlic, salt, and ground pepper and mix well. Place salmon skin side down on prepared sheet. Gently brush fillets with a small amount of oil mix and place in oven. Broil for about 3 minutes, rotate the pan 180 degrees and brush with additional oil mix and broil for 3 more minutes. Repeat this process until salmon is golden brown, firm, and flaky. Remove from oven and rest for 2 or 3 minutes before serving.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Spoon on top of broiled salmon and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, check out our list of 21 Quick and Easy Salmon Dinner Recipes on the SkinnyMs. website. Let us know what you liked in the comments below!