Grain-free tortillas are just a few simple steps away!
Going grain-free? You’ve probably wrapped your tacos and wraps with lettuce leaves, which can be a crispy, healthy alternative to traditional tortillas. However, if you’re looking for something a bit more satisfying and with a texture closer to that of a flour tortilla, give this recipe for cauliflower tortillas a shot. Made with just a few ingredients, there are no grains, few carbs, and no unhealthy additives. They’re easy and inexpensive to make and can be filled with whatever you have on hand.
Cauliflower Tortillas Recipe
- 1/2 head cauliflower roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon green onions chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until you have a fine grain, but not liquified (it should look similar to couscous or rice.) Measure out approximately 2 cups and transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for about 1 minute, remove and stir. Cook for 2 minutes. Let the cauliflower cool slightly.
- When cool, line a fine-mesh strainer with cheesecloth and put the strainer over a bowl. Using a spoon or spatula, press as much of the water as you can out of the cauliflower.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in the eggs, green onions, and salt. Mix well until you have a batter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the batter into 6 circles, spreading as thin as possible.
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip and bake for 8 more. Before serving, you can heat gently in a nonstick skillet to warm and soften if necessary.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms