Satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your diet! In our Chai-Spiced Candied Nuts recipe, the glorious goodness of chai tea teams up with the sugary deliciousness of candied nuts. Savory spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger powder offer a host of health benefits. When combined with real maple syrup, they form a sugary coating that makes these scrumptious treats irresistible!
The outer layer cracks open with every bite, giving way to delicious, decadent nuts. Packed with protein and healthy fats, this snack is one your body will thank you for! Did we mention they’re a snap to make? Simply toss ingredients together in a bowl, roast until browned and fragrant, and enjoy.
These special treats make a delightful gift-giving snack. Just scoop some nuts in a jar and add a lovely ribbon for a nice touch. The nutritious nibbles also make a killer appetizer at your next dinner party, so be sure to make enough to share!
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 213 | Total Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 100mg | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together all ingredients for chai spice coating. Toss nuts in chai spice mixture until well-coated.
- Spread nuts in an even layer on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring nuts every 5 minutes during cook time to cook evenly.
- Nuts are done when golden and fragrant.
Love the recipe? Let us know what other healthy treats you’d like to see on the site! Leave a comment in the section below.