This dish adds tasty excitement to the beloved yellow veggie and will become a favorite in your house!
Nothing dresses up Mother Nature’s sweetest vegetable quite like this mouthwatering Cheesy Fresh Sweet Corn recipe! Thanks to its juicy kernels and subtly sweet character, fresh corn tastes great and can stand on its own. Here at SkinnyMs., we’re taking the flavor to a whole new level.
This recipe invites creamy, cheesy ingredients to the party, yielding a savory side dish packed with nutrients. Kernels are cooked in a mixture of olive oil, sautéed onion, and minced garlic until crisp-tender. Afterwards, ingredients like Neufchatel cheese, Parmesan, milk, and savory spices team up to form a creamy sauce that coats the corn. Paprika adds a hint of zest to keep those taste buds stimulated!
This melt-in-your-mouth dish offers rich, buttery flavor without using fatty ingredients that take a toll on your waistline. This comforting dish adds tasty excitement to the beloved yellow veggie and will become a favorite in your house!
Cheesy Fresh Sweet Corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 5 ears corn shucked and kernels cut off
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk 2%
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil. When shimmering, add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and the garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add the seasonings and the flour, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk, and stir until bubbly. Continue cooking for 3 minutes and turn off heat.
- Stir in both kinds of cheese, and continue whisking until melted and smooth.
- Serve hot.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.