Looking for a great way to turn breakfast into a treat for the entire family? Wish you could find a simple dessert that is easy to make? These cherry chocolate chip pancakes are a great option. Kids and adults both love them, and they taste like a truly indulgent meal. Fortunately, without a lot of fat or calories, they are a treat you can enjoy guilt-free.
Healthy, delicious desserts are hard to come by. Fruit is usually the suggested option, but how many times each week can you satisfy your sweet tooth with fruit? These chocolate chip pancakes or waffles are a great alternative. You can whip up a batch in advance and munch on them whenever you want a quick treat after a savory meal. They freeze well, too, so you can pull a single cherry chocolate chip pancake or waffle from the freezer and warm it up any time you get a hankering for the rich, sweet taste of chocolate and cherries.
Breakfast no longer needs to be a challenge. These chocolate chip pancakes with a burst of cherry flavor are the perfect way to start any day. You can top these pancakes with traditional syrup, but we find chocolate sauce or fresh whipped cream to be especially delicious. Hoping to accompany your pancakes or waffles with a little extra protein? Try our delicious Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata!
Yields: 24 pancakes | Serving Size: 1 pancake | Calories: 225 | Total Fat: 15.9 g | Saturated Fat: 3.7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 27 mg | Sodium: 14 mg | Carbohydrates: 17.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g | Sugars: 4.1 g | Protein: 6.2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 2 cups of sweet cherries, pitted
- 2 Bananas
- 2 cups of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1. Pit cherries
- 2. Puree cherries and bananas until smooth
- 3. Add almond butter and puree until smooth
- 4. Add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and mix
- 5. Stir in chocolate chips
- 6. Heat skillet to medium/high, add a little coconut oil if your skillet isn’t non stick
- 7. Ladle in batter and watch for bubbles to come up to the top surface of the pancake
- 8. Flip and cook opposite side 2-3 minutes.
- Every stove top and skillet is a little different. The first batch of pancakes in the pan are always the test subjects to see how long it takes before they can be flipped successfully yet still be golden and how long the opposite side needs to cook. I will say these pancakes have a tendency to need to cook a little longer than some pancakes before firming up yet also brown more quickly sue to their high sugar content. Keep an eye on them!
- In the end after I made half of the batter in to pancakes I pulled out my waffle iron to see how the batter would do this way as well. Success! I actually preferred this variation more as waffles than pancakes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Serving Size 24 4inch pancakes
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.