We love simple chicken recipes that not only taste great, but are made with healthy ingredients that align with our clean-eating diet plan. That’s why we love this Greek-inspired meal for Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes. It’s quick and easy to prepare and offers up enough flavor to satisfy. With just 8 ingredients, you can have one of the best chicken dishes we’ve come across in a while, perfectly portioned and loaded with taste, on the table in fewer than 30 minutes.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup couscous and 1 piece chicken | Calories: 321 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 105 mg | Sodium: 482 mg | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 37 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat couscous
- ½ medium cucumber, finely diced
- 2 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat, 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; add oregano, basil, garlic and tomatoes. Cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until tomatoes soften.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions.
- Place ½ cup cooked couscous on each of 6 plates. Slice chicken and divide evenly among plates. Top evenly with tomato mixture, cucumber, and feta cheese.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.