Sweet red onions, large bites of succulent watermelon, and red ripe tomatoes come together with salty feta cheese in this simple salad. The best part? It can be chopped and combined in, let’s say, a cool 5 to 10 minutes. The red wine vinegar and chopped, fresh oregano add a Mediterranean touch, the torn mint is so refreshing. I love using fresh herbs! They are full of flavor and healthy! Simply tear the mint leaves into smaller pieces for a rustic appeal, and the oregano can be coarsely chopped and sprinkled in. This salad is dressed simply and lightly with olive oil and vinegar.
Because it has just the right amount of tanginess and freshness, this watermelon tomato feta salad recipe will become one of your regular summer salads. For a larger picnic party, simply double the recipe. Seeded or seedless watermelon will both work. This feta salad combination recipe works with almost any grilled entrée. It just tastes really good on a hot summer day.
It’s not always easy to incorporate an eating plan that is nutritious, satisfying, and doesn’t break the bank. Take the stress out of meal planning with eMeals Clean Eating Meal Plans– the perfect way to implement a healthy menu and slash grocery bills. Get 15% off with the CODE: SKINNY.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving size: 1 cup| Calories: 162 | Total Fat: 10.4 gm | Saturated Fats: 4.5 gm | Trans Fats: 0.0 gm | Cholesterol: 22 mg | Sodium: 294 mg | Carbohydrates: 13.8 gm | Dietary fiber: 3.0 gm | Sugars: 9.7 gm | Protein: 5.2 gm| SmartPoints: 7
- 1/2 large watermelon, balled (with a melon baller) or cubed (bite-size)
- 1 package feta cheese, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (or 2 to 3 regular tomatoes, cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 red onions, cut in half and chopped into thin slices (for thin half slices)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup torn mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl as you are chopping, except for the olive oil and vinegar.
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar and pour into the salad and toss all of the ingredients together.
This simple dressing can also be drizzled on using an oil and vinegar bottle.
Be sure to check out other Salad Recipes from SkinnyMs.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Have you tried our Herby, Juicy Watermelon, Tomato and Feta Salad? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.