It's tangy, yet sweet, and super tender!
If you’re looking for a scrumptious, cozy meal to feed a crowd, look no further! This Chinese Barbecue Pork can feed the entire family after just a little prior planning. Simply marinade the pork in a Chinese-inspired sauce overnight, then cook it to perfection, using the sauce as a delightful glaze. It’s tangy, yet sweet, and super tender!
Chinese Barbecue Pork
- 1 pound pork tenderloin trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- Place the tenderloin in a large, sealable plastic bag. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and then pour into the bag. Press all the air out, then let the pork marinate for at least two hours but for up to 24 hours.
- After marinading, pull out the tenderloin and set aside the remaining marinade. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If you have a roasting rack, place it on top of a baking sheet lined with foil and place the tenderloin on the rack. If not, simply roast the tenderloin on the lined baking sheet. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Let it sit for five minutes after roasting, then slice and serve.
- While pork is sitting, pour the remaining marinade in a saucepan on medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes to thicken it. You can use this as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes you might like:
What are some of your favorite marinades for pork? Let us know in the comments section below!