Chocolate desserts might taste divine, but they aren’t always pleasing to our midsections. Because of this, we’ve searched high and low for delicious chocolate recipes that have been “skinnied” down to eliminate extra fat and calories, but not taste. This mouth-watering recipe for chocolate covered strawberries contains only 3 clean SUPERFOOD ingredients and will still leave your taste buds satisfied. Strawberries are a great source of vitamins C and E, and dark chocolate is full of the antioxidants you need to look and feel healthy and strong. For a complete list of superfoods, click here. This recipe for chocolate strawberries is so simple, you’d never guess it takes only minutes to prepare.
Also, be sure to try some of our other Skinny Dessert Recipes.
Yields: 10 servings| Serving size: 2 strawberries| Calories: 139 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fats: 6 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 8 g | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 20 (1 pound) whole strawberries with leaves, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add 1/2 cup water to bottom double boiler and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to the top boiler and stir until smooth and completely melted. Remove chocolate from heat and set aside.
- Line a 15’x10’x1" cookie sheet with parchment paper. While holding strawberries by the leaves, dip into the chocolate, until all but the last 1/2", near the leaf, is covered. Lift and allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Set strawberries on parchment paper until all strawberries are covered.
- For an extra special treat, immediately after excess chocolate drips from each strawberry, roll in dried coconut shreds or minced almonds.
- The chocolate should set in about 30 minutes.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. dessert recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.