Mint chocolate ice cream has never been better!
This chocolate mint tea ice cream is filled with superfoods that will make you feel good! It is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free. If you are searching for a healthy ice cream recipe, this is it!
This guest blog post and recipe was written by Shelley Alexander, holistic chef, certified healing foods specialist, blogger, and owner of A Harmony Healing a holistic food, nutrition, and wellness company in Los Angeles, California.
I adore ice cream and I’m always coming up with new ways to make it with my favorite healing foods. When I was young mint chocolate chip ice cream was one of my favorites and I always asked for it when my family went to Baskin Robbins for a special treat. I really liked how the cool mint flavor complimented the bites of sweet chocolate and the bright green color was a plus.
My version of mint chocolate chip ice cream blends fresh mint leaves, raw cacao, Zhena’s mojito mint green tea, coconut milk, vanilla, and avocado into one delicious refreshing ice cream.
The avocado and coconut milk create a lush creamy texture that melts on your tongue and tastes divine. All of the ingredients in this ice cream are superfoods that taste great and have fantastic health benefits.
Once the ice cream finished churning, I stirred in some chopped up dark mint chocolate from Theo to take this ice cream over the top but feel free to make the ice cream without it because it’s good either way.
Chocolate Mint Tea Ice Cream
- 4 cups coconut milk organic, canned
- 2 mojito mint tea sachets we used Zhena’s
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar organic
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small avocado
- 8 large fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 1 to 3 ounce organic mint dark chocolate bar we used Theo, chopped into small pieces (optional)
- Place the coconut milk in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot and simmering. Add tea sachets, turn heat to low and steep tea for 3 minutes.
- Remove tea sachets and stir in coconut sugar, vanilla bean seeds or extract, and sea salt. Pour tea milk into a heatproof container and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Once done chilling take tea milk from the refrigerator, place in a blender and add avocado meat, mint leaves, and raw cacao powder blending until smooth.
- Place ice cream in chilled ice cream container and freeze according to ice cream manufacturer’s directions. Once ice cream is done stir in chocolate pieces if using and enjoy immediately.
- This ice cream will last for 2-3 weeks stored in an airtight container in the freezer. Once you freeze the ice cream in your freezer, you need to let it sit out for around 20 minutes to get soft before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.