This delicious chocolate pudding recipe contains superfoods like dark chocolate and coconut milk, which are chock-full of antioxidants that help to prevent cellular damage. Pudding recipes are often considered painstaking and difficult to make. This is why so many pudding lovers turn to the instant boxed variety when they get a taste for the creamy taste of chocolate pudding. Unfortunately, the instant boxed ingredients are not a healthy option. Not to mention the end product has a chemical taste that is not even close to the rich, creamy taste of this pudding. Looking for awesome desserts for your family? This chocolate pudding recipe is a hit with people of all ages.
We love the idea of healthy desserts because they allow you to satisfy your sweet tooth without the fat and calories found in traditional recipes. There are plenty of ways you can clean up your favorite dessert options and never again feel as if being healthy means feeling deprived. As a matter of fact, the best way to lead a healthy life is to adjust your favorite things so they fit your new lifestyle. Giving up things you love rarely works, but adjusting the recipes so they are clean and healthy allows you to enjoy your favorite foods without the risk.
Yields: 6 | Serving size: ½ Cup | Calories: 283 | Total Fat: 12 gm | Saturated Fats: 4 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 121 mg | Carbohydrates: 36 gm | Dietary fiber: 2 gm | Sugars: 25 gm | Protein: 5 gm | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 14 |
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups lite coconut milk, canned
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2% for this recipe)
- 1 cup bittersweet-chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy non-stick saucepan, mix cornstarch and salt. Add honey, milk, and chocolate chips, stir until well combined.
- Cook over medium-low heat while stirring continuously to prevent sticking. Cook until desired thickness, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and allow to cool.
- Tip: This recipe can either be used as a pudding or pie filling.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.