This easy chicken dish lives up to it's name. Dinner is served in minutes!
Ready for dinner but short on time? For a quick, almost effortless dinner entree, try this Easy Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken. We love making extras of this dish so we can use the leftovers the next day for salads or tacos!
What Pairs Well with Easy Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken?
In order to determine the best pairing for your entree, first ask yourself, “Which meal am I serving?”
If you’re looking for a quick lunch, we love turning this dish into a tasty salad! Simply prepare the chicken according to the directions. Then, assemble a simple salad of greens and raw veggies. Top the salad with your Easy Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken and sprinkle on some low-fat cheese, toasted pumpkin seeds, and one of these Healthy Salad Dressings.
For a well-balanced dinner, try this Skinny Mexican Rice and serve it alongside some Roasted Asparagus & Peppers. You could also create a low-carb, one dish meal by adding some chopped zucchini, asparagus, peppers, and onions to the pan during the last three minutes of cook time.
Time-Saving Tips for Side Dishes
If you’re in a time crunch but you still want to complement this Easy Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken with a fast side dish, we have a few suggestions. You can start these sides at the same time as your entree, and everything will be finished around the same time.
- Toss chopped cauliflower, broccoli, or other vegetables with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt & pepper. Roast them at 400 degrees F, putting them in the oven at the same time you start the chicken.
- Use ready-made rice, tossed with some chopped cilantro and lime zest for a fast rice dish to accompany dinner.
- Rice some cauliflower and cook it for 3-5 minutes in 1/4 cup chicken broth. Add garlic granules and chili powder for additional flavor.
With these suggestions for side dishes, you can have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes!
Easy Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro fresh, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown, on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan the chicken was cooked in, add the red pepper, garlic, and onion. Saute for about 2 minutes, or just until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, lime juice, and lime zest. Return the chicken to the pan and bring the broth to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Want more recipes like this sent directly to your inbox? Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram and Pinterest. You’ll not only get fantastic healthy recipes, but you’ll also to receive exercise tips, meal plans and much more!