We love that classic sweet and salty combo! In this Citrus and Walnut Salad, grapefruits, orange juice, and honey add the sweetness, while walnuts and blue cheese add the saltiness. In addition to a serious flavor combination, this salad has a serious combination of nutrients. Grapefruits provide vitamin C and antioxidants, while walnuts are a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Apple cider vinegar is another great source of antioxidants. This superfood salad is delicious for any meal of the day–breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It will give you the flavor and nutrients your body needs.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 cups | Calories: 286 | Total Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 336mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Protein: 6g | SmartPoints: 11
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 2 large red grapefruits, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup low fat blue cheese crumbles
- In a blender combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt. Blend well and gradually add the oil to the mixture. Continue to blend until well combined. Set aside.
- Divide the arugula between serving bowls. Top with remaining ingredients and drizzle dressing on top. Serve and enjoy!
Sign up for our newsletter! We’ll send our newest recipes straight to you!