Salads are the perfect summer meals, because they are light, refreshing, and healthy! They are a great way to incorporate your daily dose of veggies, fruits, and any other fun ingredients that you might love. The best part about them is their versatility. You can modify them any which way you want and still have a fun and delicious meal. This strawberry, avocado, and spinach salad is a great example of that ideal meal. It’s so simple to whip up and will be so enjoyable to eat.
The salad itself is made up of spinach, strawberries, avocado, walnuts, red onions, and some crumbly blue cheese. The dressing on top is a blend of apple cider vinegar, strawberries, honey, Kosher salt, and olive oil. It’s the perfect balance of light flavors, so you won’t feel too heavy after this meal when you’re on the go. Give this salad a try and we promise you will become a huge fan!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 cups | Calories: 360 | Total Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 171mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup low fat blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except olive oil and blend well. With the processor running on low, gradually add the olive oil until dressing has thickened. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except blue cheese and about 1/4 cup of the prepared dressing. Gently toss. Divide salad between 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with blue cheese, if using, and drizzle with additional dressing. Enjoy!