I had so many ripe bananas that were on the brink of going bad, this was the perfect way to transform them! This bread is super beautiful and moist. It has no added sugars, plus it’s lactose & gluten free – if you use gluten free oats, or you can just substitute them with more almond meal. This amazing bread was created by Happy Healthy Gigi.
Yields: 1 loaf/10 slices | Serving Size: 1 slice | Calories: 238 | Total Fat: 20 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 33 mg | Sodium: 33 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 2 Granny Smiths apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoon stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe bananas-mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Lightly coat your loaf tin with 1/2 tsp olive oil.
- 1. Put diced apples in a small pot on medium heat.
- 2. Add stevia, cinnamon & vanilla & saute until golden brown - about 5 mins and set aside.
- Banana Bread
- 1. In a medium bowl whisk the almond meal, oat bran, baking powder, cinnamon, stevia and nutmeg.
- 2. In another bowl whisk the olive oil, eggs, almond milk and vanilla.
- 3. Slowly add the liquid mixture to the almond meal mixture, in about 4 batches.
- 4. Once combined, stir in the mashed bananas and fold in the apples.
- 5. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for approx. 50 mins, or when wooden skewer comes out clean.
- 6. Once ready, let cool inside the tin & then remove & serve!
- Note: This bread freezes very well, so its great to make a big batch & portion for snacks!