Rich and creamy- without breaking the calorie bank!
This clean eating Caesar salad dressing is a healthier version of the traditional salad topping. Typically, Caesar dressing is rich, fatty, and delicious. This recipe changes two of those three qualities and provides an option for dressing your salad that is not going to undo the benefits of cutting calories with salad. Best of all, it uses fresh, whole ingredients, so you also avoid all of the chemicals and preservatives found in many store-bought salad dressings.
Clean eating dressings are a great alternative to the usual dressings most people use these days. They are incredibly easy to make, but improve the quality of the food you are eating by a great deal. This makes it a great health trade-off – you get a big benefit for just a little effort. Most people also find that homemade dressings also taste better than store-bought. Your tastes buds have grown accustomed to the highly salted, chemical taste of convenience foods, but once you taste a homemade dressing, you will never want to return to bottled dressings. Homemade dressings put a whole new spin on your run-of-the-mill salad.
Caesar dressings are a great idea to accompany Italian-style dinners. Caesar salad is also a great option for lunch or as a dinner entree, especially when you top it with barbecued grilled chicken or shrimp. You will love the taste of this clean eating Caesar dressing and you will want to whip some up every time you serve salad!
Salad is a great option for clean eaters and if you are trying to lose weight. Try a few of out other salad options listed here.
Clean Eating Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt nonfat
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon whole grain dijon mustard I used country dijon
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or honey, optional
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients, except oil, to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Add olive oil and pulse until combined. Add dressing to a glass jar with lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.