When a special dessert is called for, make it Clean Eating Pumpkin Streusel Bars! This ultra moist and rich pumpkin bar recipe is a cross between pumpkin cake and pumpkin pie, and it tastes a-m-a-z-i-n-g-l-y good. This clean-eating recipe is made without any refined sugar or white flour and is the perfect seasonal or holiday dessert. Feel free to add some minced pecans to the streusel for a crunchier topping.
Clean Eating Pumpkin Streusel Bars
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar I used blonde coconut palm sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree can
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour I used white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar I used blonde coconut palm sugar, optional sucanat
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted, optional pure unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, set aside. Add sugar, eggs, oil, pumpkin and vanilla to a large mixing bowl, beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and continue mixing just until combined.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl, using hands or a fork, mix until well combined. (Add 1/2 cup minced pecans to streusel if desired. This option is not calculated in the nutritional data).
- Pour batter into a greased 9" x 13" baking pan. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter. Bake 30 minutes or until a cake tester is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting into 32 squares.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.