A must-try for all you pumpkin fans out there!
Do you have a holiday get-together coming up? If you’re responsible for bringing the dessert, we have the perfect recipe for you! These delectable, clean eating pumpkin streusel bars are sure to be a showstopper! Be sure to make a few copies of this recipe beforehand, because the other guests are definitely going to ask for it!
A Combination of Your Favorite Pumpkin Desserts
This ultra moist and rich pumpkin recipe is a cross between pumpkin cake and pumpkin pie, and it tastes a-m-a-z-i-n-g-l-y good. The soft and moist bar is reminiscent of pumpkin pie, while the delightfully crumbly, streusel topping will remind you of the coffee cake that grandma used to make! Speaking of coffee cake, you can enjoy this delectable recipe with a cup of coffee, glass of milk, or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
You can also add some minced pecans to the streusel. This will give the bars a crunchier topping and add some heart-healthy fats to the dessert, too!
Clean-Eating Ingredients for Low-Calorie Treat
We love creating healthier versions of otherwise unhealthy foods. We try to use natural ingredients any time we can. Not only is doing so better for your health, but it honestly just makes the finished product taste better too!
This clean-eating recipe is made without any refined sugar or white flour and is the perfect seasonal or holiday dessert. While coconut palm sugar still contains about the same amount of calories as white sugar, it is closer to its natural form. The same goes for unrefined flour. Whole wheat flour tastes just as good as other versions, but is better for you and easier for your body to digest!
Clean Eating Pumpkin Streusel Bars
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar I used blonde coconut palm sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree can
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour I used white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar I used blonde coconut palm sugar, optional sucanat
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted, optional pure unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, set aside. Add sugar, eggs, oil, pumpkin and vanilla to a large mixing bowl, beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and continue mixing just until combined.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl, using hands or a fork, mix until well combined. (Add 1/2 cup minced pecans to streusel if desired. This option is not calculated in the nutritional data).
- Pour batter into a greased 9" x 13" baking pan. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter. Bake 30 minutes or until a cake tester is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting into 32 squares.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Pumpkin Treats!
If you enjoyed these delicious pumpkin streusel bars, we think you might also want to try these similar recipes!
This sweet dessert looks incredible, and it tastes even better! These pumpkin trifles are the perfect dessert for you next holiday gathering.
This caramel pumpkin spice popcorn is a sweet treat the kids will love! Movie night just got way more delicious!
If you LOVE pumpkin spice, this has your name written all over it. Our pumpkin spice smoothie is thick, creamy, filling, and full of the flavors you love!
Hello, pumpkin! This moist and delicious cornbread tastes great on it’s own, but the whipped honey butter takes it to a whole new level of flavor!
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for plenty more tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. What’d you think of this dessert? Share it with us in the comments section!