Forget what you’ve been told about caramel-flavored popcorn. When made the SkinnyMs. way, your favorite holiday treat doesn’t have to be a diet disaster. Our version is made with absolutely no refined sugars or artificial sweeteners, and there is nothing processed. Instead, we use a mixture of coconut sugar, pure vanilla, sea salt, and a dash of pumpkin spice to turn this deliciously indulgent treat into the perfect snack to celebrate the flavors of fall.
Mix up a batch of Caramel Pumpkin Spice Popcorn and fill pre-portioned containers for a healthy popcorn snack to take on-the-go, or give the gift of caramel popcorn to friends, family, teachers, or co-workers. Nothing says, “thank you,” better than a sweet homemade treat that is also good for you.
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 218 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 8 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 | Sodium: 151 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 25 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 12 cups popcorn (2/3 cup kernels makes about 12 cups popcorn)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Add popped corn to a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and salt. Stir over medium-low heat until coconut sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and vanilla. Pour over cooked popcorn and toss to coat.
- Spread coated popcorn on a parchment lined large baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, stiring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
- OPTIONAL: Add 1 cup mixed nuts to popcorn before adding warm maple syrup mixture.
Get clean eating recipes, innovative new workouts, and healthy lifestyle tips delivered right to your inbox with our newsletter! And for even more SkinnyMs., check out our Facebook and Pinterest to stay informed!
We need your feedback! Go to the comments section to let us know what you think of this article, and tell us what you’d like to see more of!