Ditch the shell and enjoy your taco salad-style!
Ditch the shell and enjoy your taco salad-style! Savor everything you love about tacos in a colorful bowl of irresistible tastes and textures.
This quick and easy recipe stays true to Mexican flavor without sabotaging your health and weight loss goals. It calls for clean eating salsa, enchilada sauce, and guacamole. The toppings serve double-duty as meat seasoning and crank up the tastiness.
Because it’s completely tortilla-less, this zesty Clean Eating Taco Salad offers a nutritional profile you can feel good about. It’s the perfect hearty meal to make on a busy schedule and a guaranteed family favorite!
Clean Eating Taco Salad
- 1 pound lean ground turkey optional beef
- 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons taco seasoning homemade or store bought
- 2 cups tomatoes fresh, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar reduced-fat, grated
- 6 cups lettuce shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 cup guacamole homemade or store bought
- 1/2 cup salsa or enchilada sauce, homemade or store bought
- Cook meat in a skillet over medium heat until browned, for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain any fat and add taco seasoning, and 1/3 cup water. Cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Arrange 4 plates and top with an even amount of tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, guacamole, and salsa. If desired, add a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Have a recipe idea to share? Let us know! We love hearing from our readers.