We love granola for breakfast. It is delicious when paired with Greek yogurt, served with almond milk and fresh fruit, or even just enjoyed plain! Making homemade Cranberry Granola may sound a little intimidating, but it truly is quite easy. With just a little stirring and baking time, you can save quite a bit of money by not buying granola at the store.
The combinations for granola recipes are endless, but we really enjoy Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Granola in colder months. The color of the green pumpkin seeds and red cranberries truly get us in a festive mood!
Try Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Granola as part of a Sweet and Savory Parfait.
Yields: 16-18 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 189 | Total Fat: 9.8 g | Saturated Fat: 1.4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 5 mg | Carbohydrates: 20.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g | Sugars: 8.2 g | Protein: 5.4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup flax seed
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries, (optional dried cherries, apricots or raisins)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the oats, pumpkin seeds, flax, sesame and cinnamon. To this mixture add the honey, syrup, oil, and vanilla and stir until well-combined.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheets and cook for 60 -75 minutes. To achieve and even color on the granola while baking, stir every 15 minutes.
- Remove granola and allow to cool before adding the dried cranberries. Store in an air-tight container.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.