Nothing says “party” like a delicious dip. Unfortunately, many party dips are high in saturated fat and unhealthy ingredients. Our creamy avocado dip provides a healthy alternative to many of the usual dips found at social gatherings. Avocados are high in fat – but it is considered the best type of fat. This means you get a creamy, rich dip that pairs just as well with veggies as it does crackers, but you do not need to worry about damaging your healthy or your diet.
Healthy dips are a great tool for getting kids to eat vegetables. When you pair veggies with side dips, kids can mask the bitter taste of some vegetables, but still get all the vitamins and nutrients. If you are having a tough time getting your children to eat enough vegetables everyday, avocado dips can be just what you need.
No matter your reason for needing a healthy dip recipe, we can help. Hosting an outdoor celebration? We have a collection of delicious party recipes that will help you entertain with healthy dishes without sacrificing flavor or style.
Need another reason to love creamy avocado dip? It is made with two superfoods – avocados and yogurt. To find more more superfoods, check out 50 Superfoods – The Ultimate Shopping List.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 116 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 107 mg | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Dietary fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints: 4
- 2 avocados, peeled, pit removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, fat free, plain
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, fat free
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and core removed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are combined and a smooth consistency. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Recommend serving the same day as prepared.
- Enjoy Avocado Dip with veggies or spread on your favorite whole grain bread or toast.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.