Here’s an old standard at any summertime barbecue. Creamy Cole Slaw just happens to be packed with superfood goodness.
Creamy Cabbage and Bok Choy Slaw
- 2 tablespoons low fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon low fat milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise no added sweeteners (Duke’s is a favorite for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- 1 bok choy stalk leaves removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper diced
- 1 carrot small, peeled and shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Place slaw dressing in a glass jar with a lid, and refrigerate until ready to use, chilling for approximately 2 hours.
- Coarsely chop cabbage and bok choy; if using a food processor, add small chunks, being careful not to overpulse, as this will make it mushy. Combine in a large mixing bowl, the cabbage, bok choy, bell pepper, and carrot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add slaw dressing to cabbage mix; stir to combine, cover, and refrigerate until ready to eat.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.