This crispy, sweet, and spicy side dish is a great way to liven up your dinner!
Delicious, crispy potatoes ready in less than 20 minutes? Yes, please! This easy-to-make, Asian-inspired potato recipe is a perfect, simple side dish to almost any entrée! If your meals have gotten dull and boring, these tasty little potatoes can bring some excitement back into dinner time. Try this recipe tonight– it might just become your new favorite!
Make Your Own Asian Sauce
For this recipe, you’ll be mixing ingredients to make your own, simple, preservative-free sauce. There are many benefits to making your own sauce! You get to adjust the ingredients to get the exact flavor that you like! Not spicy enough? Add a little more Sriracha. Too sweet? Add less honey next time. It’s so easy to be in control when making sauce from scratch. Not only that, but you know exactly what is going into your recipe. No need for preservatives or sugary fructose syrup. Instead, you are in charge of what’s going into your sauce, and in turn, your body!
Benefits of Potatoes
Not only is this sauce filled with stellar ingredients, but potatoes themselves are (t)uber healthy! Here’s your chance to forget what you were told about this starch and shift your mindset on this delicious and nutritious food. Packed with essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus, this vegetable is a fiber-rich superfood! Potatoes have been shown to have positive effects on blood pressure, brain function, immunity, digestive health, heart function, cancer risk, and even skincare. So, pull out your potatoes and whip up this tasty recipe for your tastebuds and your health!
How to Make Crispy Asian Potatoes
This simple potato recipe is so easy and quick to make. Begin by heating one tablespoon of sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then, mix together garlic, water, soy sauce, sriracha, and honey in a bowl. After that, add cut up new potatoes to the skillet and pour the Asian sauce on top. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy and golden and the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and enjoy!
Crispy Asian Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce optional tamari
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 pound new potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, water, soy sauce, sriracha, honey, and corn starch and set aside.
- Add bite size potatoes to the skillet, toss to coat with the oil, and cook until just until crispy and golden… being careful not to burn.
- Pour soy mixture over potatoes and continue to cook until mixture thickens and potatoes are fork tenter. Add additional water if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle sesame seeds and green onions on top. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Enjoyed this crispy Asian potatoes recipe? Try some other potato-based favorites!