This soup is flavorful, aromatic, and is super healthy to boot!
Ginger is one of the healthiest spices you can use in cooking! It helps combat nausea, aids in pain relief and digestion, and contains powerful anti-diabetic properties. Our Asian Chicken and Ginger Soup harnesses the nutritional power of ginger into a tasty, Asian-inspired chicken soup. We’ve used bone-in chicken not only because it creates a rich flavor, but also because it mitigates the side-effects of colds and the flu. We also included brown jasmine rice because it adds a wonderful nutty flavor and aroma, as well as high amounts of vitamins and fiber.
This soup is flavorful, aromatic, and is super healthy to boot! It’s the perfect dish to warm you up on a cold night or when you’re feeling under the weather.
Asian Chicken and Ginger Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 inch ginger root peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red chile minced
- 1/2 cup carrots sliced thin
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 3 bone-in and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 6 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 cup brown jasmine rice cooked
- 3 green onions sliced
- Heat olive oil in a soup pan, over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add ginger, chile, carrots, mushrooms, and saute for 3 minutes. Add chicken and cover with soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then simmer for an hour. Remove chicken and shred, then return to pot along with rice and green onions. Serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes to enjoy:
What are your favorite ways to cook ginger? Let us know in the comments section below!