It's sweet, spicy, and has a great crunch!
If you’re looking for something different to do with chicken than what’s in your usual recipe index, try our Crispy Honey Chicken! It’s sweet, spicy, and has a great crunch! We’ve used whole wheat panko bread crumbs to achieve that crunch, and added plenty of spice to kick it up a notch.
Enjoy these chicken bites as is, or with our Spicy Dipping Sauce. They’re great for an afternoon snack for the kiddos!
Crispy Honey Chicken
- 1/2 cup honey raw
- 2 teaspoons water warm
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 green onions diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey and water. Remove 1/4 of the honey mix and reserve. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients with the exception of chicken and green onion.
- Drop chicken pieces into honey. Honey should coat all sides of the chicken. Next, coat the chicken pieces in spice and panko mix. Coat evenly and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and turn chicken. Return to oven and continue to cook until chicken is golden, crispy, and cooked through; about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining honey water and sprinkle with green onion.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What are your favorite crispy chicken recipes? Share your ideas in the comments!