If you’re looking for something different to do with chicken than what’s in your usual recipe index, try our Crispy Honey Chicken! It’s sweet, spicy, and has a great crunch! We’ve used whole wheat panko bread crumbs to achieve that crunch, and added plenty of spice to kick it up a notch.
Enjoy these chicken bites as is, or with our Spicy Dipping Sauce. They’re great for an afternoon snack for the kiddos!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 296 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 226mg | Carbohydrates: 41g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 35g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints: 11
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey and water. Remove 1/4 of the honey mix and reserve. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients with the exception of chicken and green onion.
- Drop chicken pieces into honey. Honey should coat all sides of the chicken. Next, coat the chicken pieces in spice and panko mix. Coat evenly and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and turn chicken. Return to oven and continue to cook until chicken is golden, crispy, and cooked through; about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining honey water and sprinkle with green onion.
What are your favorite crispy chicken recipes? Share your ideas in the comments!