It’s difficult to resist the mouthwatering allure of fries. Unfortunately, these deep-fried treats are vicious antagonists to your health goals. SkinnyMs. has baked a healthy alternative to traditional fries. These crispy potato wedges come freshed from the oven because baking beats frying as a cooking method. The clean-cooking process makes the delectable wedges healthier. Baking also eliminates the possibility of oil sputters and other frying accidents.
These Crispy Oven Potato Wedges are tastier than fast-food fare. Our recipe calls for ultra-nutritious olive oil and garlic cloves. Decorate each fry with your choice of herbs and sharp Parmesan cheese. Once baked, top the wedges with parsley and savor the flavor!
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 254 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 398 | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8 |
- 2 pounds potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chop leaves and discard stems
- 3/4 cup grated low-fat Parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a baking dish, mix potatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and add Parmesan cheese, bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- When done, sprinkle fresh parsley before serving. Enjoy!
More Potato Recipes:
Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. Like our Facebook and follow our Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comment section below.