These tasty treats make a perfect side to any salad dish or main meal!
From sautés and chips to soups and salads, countless recipes feature the prized superfood kale. Versatile and reliable, kale is finding its way into an infinite amount of dishes these days. This crispy quinoa and kale fritters recipe ranks high in our book!
With the delectable combination of stellar superfoods kale and quinoa, these fritters deliver a healthy dose of protein and fiber that satisfies in the moment and curbs cravings later on. Loaded with nutrients, these scrumptious patties boast a crispy exterior and soft center. Nutty quinoa contributes a delicious crunch you’ll love, while onions and add an aromatic flavor that spruce up the dish’s character.
Complete with ooey gooey cheese, these delicious fritters make a perfect side to any salad dish or main meal!
Crispy Quinoa & Kale Fritters
- 2 cups quinoa cooked, follow cooking directions on package
- 1 1/2 cups kale coarsely chopped, center stalk removed
- 1/2 cup sweet onions diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles low-fat
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs whole-grain if available
- 2 eggs large, beaten
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except olive oil. Using your hands to mix the ingredients works best. If the mixture is too moist after mixing, add a little flour, a teaspoon at a time, until the mixture holds together well.
- Form mixture into 8 patties and place on a parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet. Lightly brush each patty with half of the oil. Bake for 15 minutes, turn over and brush with the remaining oil. Bake patties for an additional 10 minutes or until golden.
- Allow patties to slightly cool while still on baking sheet. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the recipe? Hungry for more, or have some ideas to share? We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment in the section below.