French fries are one of the most beloved junk foods worldwide. Our Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges & Spicy Mayo are a healthy and delicious alternative to your average fatty French fry snack. Baking these in the oven rather than frying in oil reduces the calories and fat to a fraction of what is in a standard serving of French fries. Coconut sugar and paprika make these wedges the perfect mix of sweet and savory, and pair well with this simple spicy mayo.
Enjoy these potato wedges accompanying a nice burger, or serve as a healthy snack option for your next game day party.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 239 | Total Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 652mg | Carbohydrates: 12g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch vertical wedges
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup clean mayo
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk to combine oil, salt, pepper, parsley, paprika, and coconut sugar. Add wedges and toss to completely coat. Place sweet potato wedges on a large baking sheet and bake 30-35 minutes, turning over half way through cooking.
- In the meantime, whisk together mayo and sriracha sauce. Refrigerate until ready to dip.
- Raise temperature to broil and broil until crisp, about 4 minutes. Leave the oven door slightly ajar and check frequently to make sure potatoes don't burn.
Recipe Adapted from Baker by Nature.
How do you make fries at home? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.