This protein-packed meal makes a great brunch dish or a speedy dinner on busy weeknights.
For an elegant egg-based recipe bursting with flavor, check out this Crustless Quiche Loaf recipe! Traditionally, quiches are baked into a flaky piecrust. But this buttery base comes at the price of a boatload of calories. We’ve ditched the crust in this recipe, slashing a bunch of excess cals without sacrificing finger-lickin’ flavor.
Super simple to make, this quiche calls for a bunch of clean ingredients like eggs, juicy tomatoes, diced bell pepper, and garden-fresh thyme. This protein-packed meal makes a great brunch dish or a speedy dinner on busy weeknights. Once baked, the loaves sport a fluffy texture and offer a colorful presentation that looks beautiful when sliced and served.
Crustless Quiche Loaf
- 1 cup mozzarella part-skim, shredded
- 6 egg whites large, save yolks if desired
- 6 whole eggs large
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk low-fat
- 2 tomatoes medium, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper orange or red work too, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Whisk together 1/2 cup mozzarella and all other ingredients (except tomatoes) until combined. Add tomatoes and gently toss to combine. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and spinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until set. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Cut into slices to serve. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.