A new way to incorporate one of nature's finest ingredients into all your meals.
Although dates don’t enjoy the same popularity as other superfoods, they serve up a ton of health benefits. These fruits provide energy, fiber, and an assortment of vitamins and minerals. They’re also a great source of antioxidants. They are an extremely versatile ingredient, so they work with almost any diet regardless of the restrictions it may impose. Dates are gluten-free and paleo-friendly, as well as a Whole30-approved food. Plus, while a tablespoon of regular butter has 31 mg of cholesterol, a tablespoon of date butter spread is absolutely cholesterol-free!
So, how can you get more of this superfood in your life? This quick and easy recipe for date butter spread serves as a perfect substitute for both your sweet and salted dairy butters. Add date butter to your favorite desserts, put it on toast, waffles, in oatmeal, coffee, or just about any recipe! Keep this batch in your fridge, and indulge whenever the mood strikes! What more could you ask for from one of nature’s finest ingredients?
Date Butter Spread
- 4 cups pitted dates no sugar added
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Add dates to a medium stainless steel bowl. Bring water to a boil, pour over dates, then tightly cover with foil or a lid. Allow to sit covered at room temperature for 4 hours.
- Add softened dates and water to a food processor and pulse until a smooth, butter-like consistency. It may take a few minutes of pulsing until the butter consistency is achieved. It should look similar to apple butter.
- Store in a glass container (a mason jar works well) and refrigerate.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Have you made this date butter spread recipe? If you enjoyed it, you might also like to try:
- Plant-Based Cheese Spread that Tastes Great on Everything
- Sausage Stuffed Dates with Bacon
- Creamy Feta Cheese Spread
- No-Sugar Fig Fruit Spread Healthy Breakfast
Try this recipe with a loaf of our Clean Eating Zucchini Bread, and let us know what you think in the comments below!