Easy, fruity breakfast in just a few minutes!
It’s important to have a healthy start in the morning, and preparing a quick and easy breakfast that also fills us up on nutrients is the key. This fig spread has only two ingredients, and you can prepare ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Just add some yogurt and spread it on slices of toasted whole grain bread. Not only are you keeping your calories down, but you’re also enjoying a sweet fruity treat without any added sugar.
No-Sugar Fig Fruit Spread with a Healthy Breakfast
Fig Fruit Spread
- 16 figs peeled and quartered
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups yogurt low-fat
- 8 slices of whole-wheat bread toasted, or whole-grain bread
- 2 figs peeled and quartered
- fig fruit spread
- Over medium heat, in a medium saucepan, cook together the figs and the balsamic vinegar. Cook them until the consistency becomes thick.
- Conserve the fruit spread in sterile jars and refrigerate. They should last for at least 3 days.
- For the yogurt bowl, mix them with the yogurt then garnish with fresh figs.
- For the toast, spread them on warm toasted bread.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you are a healthy breakfast eater, then we have a lot of great recipes for you to try:
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.