Not a cabbage fan? You’ve probably never tried this versatile veggie with Dijon mustard. Give this savory Dijon Roasted Cabbage recipe a try, and you just might have a new favorite side dish!
When the weather is warm, we place non-stick foil on the grill, poke a few holes in the foil, and roast the cabbage wedges until tender. Our friends love this recipe! Read two reasons you should be eating the superfood, cabbage, here.
Yields: 8 | Serving Size: 1 wedge | Calories: 71 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Sodium:29 mg | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 (medium) head green cabbage, core removed and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oil, Dijon, garlic, black pepper, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds. Brush all sides of cabbage wedges with the oil mixture and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle cabbage with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds. Cover cabbage with foil and roast 45 minutes, remove foil and roast 10 additional minutes or until lightly golden and tender. Serve immediately.