For many of us, acne is an affliction that sticks with us, long after our teenage years are over. Thanks to this effective and sweetly scented face mask, acne will be one less woe to check off your list!
DIY Cinnamon Honey Acne Mask
Ingredients & Why They Work:
Cinnamon – The properties of cinnamon allow it to bring oxygen and blood to the skin’s surface. This helps dry out the skin and and acne problem area.
Honey – Honey contains antibacterial agents that destroy the bacteria that leads to breakouts. It also helps to soothe redness and irritation due its anti-inflammatory properties.
What to Do:
1. In a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 2 teaspoons of honey.
2. Mix both thoroughly until they are spread out evenly.
3. Using your fingers generously spread the mixture over your face and under your chin.
4. Leave the mixture on for 10-15 minutes.
5. After 10-15 minutes rinse the mixture off with warm water.
6. Apply a toner to freshen and cleanse your face. Lemon juice mixed with water is a perfect natural toner.
7. Use this mask no more than 1-2 times weekly as cinnamon can irritate the skin if used too often.
Sources: Livestrong, WomensHealthMag
In addition to this honey acne mask, be sure to try some of our favorite food recipes which use honey and cinnamon:
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon & Honey Nuts
- Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Bars
- Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon, Vanilla, and Honey
- Sesame Honey Chicken