Polish your skin.
Taking care of your body should be personal and may require a bit of work. Making it more personal is as simple as creating your own skincare products. This DIY body scrub combines key ingredients to invigorate and revitalize your body. Citrus aromas naturally relax and calm our minds, while the oils moisturize skin.
Key Ingredients and Why They Work:
Lemon – The acidity of lemons work as a natural cleanser to remove bacteria from our bodies. Lemon also fights off wrinkles, reduces excess oil, lightens dark spots, and brings a natural shine to your skin.
Brown Sugar – Brown sugar is more beneficial than bleached sugar because the grains are more soft and cause less damage and tear to your skin. The grains help exfoliate dead skin cells and break down bacteria on our skin.
Olive Oil – Always important in skincare recipes, olive oil gets rid of any dryness or cracks that can usually occur on our feet by moisturizing your feet. The end result is feet which are soft and smooth.
Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer for the skin. It contains vitamin E, which is beneficial in growth and repair of skin. It also works to keep skin smooth and prevents premature wrinkling.
What to Do:
1. Prior to starting the scrub, prepare 1/2 cup of dried lemon peel. This can easily be done by peeling a lemon and leaving the skin out to dry or placing them in an oven.
2. Mix 1/2 a cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup of coconut oil, 1 1/2 cup of cane sugar into a bowl.
3. Use a food processor or grinder the make the dried lemon peels smaller.
4. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. You can use your hands and get a nice test scrub before your’re done. You can add essential oil of grapefruit, lemon or lime for a stronger refreshing smell.
5. Place the mix in a mason jar or air tight container and store in a cool dry place.
6. You can use this body scrub liberally at anytime or use a larger amount while showering.
Total body skincare can easily be prepared at home, for low cost with natural ingredients. Try these additional DIYs:
DIY Cinnamon Honey Acne Mask
DIY Sensitive Facial Cleanser
DIY for Loose Skin Tightening