Your feet go through a lot during the day. The weight of your body, the constriction from shoes, socks, sweat; poor feet. We’ve created the perfect scrub to bring life back into your feet. This peppermint sugar foot scrub will rejuvenate, exfoliate and relax your feet and the muscles you spend so much time using.
Ingredients & Why They Work:
Brown Sugar – Brown sugar is more beneficial than bleached sugar because the grains are more soft and cause less damage and tear to your skin. The grains help exfoliate dead skin cells and glycolic acid, which brown sugar is rich in, helps break down bacteria which harbors in your feet and can cause bad odor.
Olive Oil – Always important in most skincare recipes, olive oil gets rid of any dryness or cracks that can usually occur on our feet by moisturizing your feet. The end result is feet which are soft and smooth.
Peppermint Oil – Peppermint oil has a wonderful smell and also is a natural muscle relaxer and deodorizer. You’ll never have to second guess whether you want to take your shoes off somewhere. You’ll be adding to the ambiance!
What to Do:
1. Add 2 cups of brown sugar and gradually add 2/3 cup of olive oil.
2. When adding the olive oil make sure you add enough to moisten the sugar, not soak it. Think of left over ground coffee in a machine.
3. Mix the olive oil and brown sugar in the bowl and add 10-20 drops of your peppermint oil, depending how strong of an aroma you want.
4. Mix thoroughly and you’re all set!
5. Apply the mixture to your feet and ankles. Spread the mixture generously over your feet. Make sure to get in between your toes, your toenails and cuticles. Massage your feet, soles, balls, and toes. Now, begin to feel more relaxed as the weight of everything disappears off your feet.
6. Wipe the mix off your feet with a damp towel.
7. You should have a good amount left over. Pour into a mason or other air tight jar for future use. Keep at room temperature.
Now that your feet are relaxed, try some of these workouts which take you off your feet:
5 Killer Ways To Use A Stability Ball In Your Workout
Stability 7 – Total Body Workout
Beginner’s Flat Abs Workout – Plus Core Strengthening