Clean up your diet the delicious way.
If you are looking for a simple vegetarian meal for a weeknight, then these easy butternut tacos are just the thing for you! This recipe is full of flavor and packed with nutrition. You have plenty of choices in what kind of butternut you use for this recipe. If you choose frozen, just pull it out to thaw in the morning; if you use leftovers, you will want to do a quick-cook to avoid a mushy mess. You can also try my favorite method and start with fresh butternut.
I like to keep my recipes pretty simple, so this taco seasoning includes just the basics, but if you choose, you can get adventurous by adding all sorts of additional spices!
This recipe was contributed by Tracy Iseminger of Daily Dish Magazine. Tracy is a busy mom of two who writes for several online publications and loves to eat, drink wine, and travel. You can find Tracy on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Easy Butternut Squash Tacos
- 1 cup butternut squash lightly cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- salt to taste
- Start by cooking your butternut squash.
- Poke holes in the skin with a fork. Place in microwave for 3 minutes. Remove carefully, as it will be hot.
- Cut off skin and cut squash into 1 inch cubes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your seasonings. Toss in butternut cubes to coat.
- Prepare your taco shells (or use pre-purchased shells) See directions at Daily Dish Magazine.
- In a hot pan, warm 1 tablespoon oil and saute the butternut until browned on outside.
- Spoon your squash into your cooked shells and garnish with lettuce, tomato and avocado.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you love healthy taco recipes, you might also try:
Roasted Corn and Black Bean Tacos
Grilled Chicken and Avocado Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema
Oven Crisp Fish Tacos