Quick, thick, and creamy mac and cheese perfect for family gatherings!
Looking for an easy and delicious meal that will please the entire family? Try this one-skillet mac and cheese! It’s simple to make and can be tailored to your liking. Plus, cleanup is a breeze! Give this dish a try tonight. You won’t be disappointed.
Easy To Make Dinner For the Whole Family
If you’re looking for an easy-to-make, one-skillet mac and cheese recipe, you’ve come to the right place! This dish is perfect for busy weeknights or when you want a comforting meal. And, it’s kid-friendly too!
Mac and cheese is a classic dish that everyone loves. It’s creamy, cheesy, and oh-so comforting. But, it’s not always the healthiest choice. This one-skillet mac and cheese recipe is a healthier alternative that is just as delicious as the original.
Healthy Dinners In A Pinch
This one-skillet mac and cheese is the perfect easy and healthy meal for the whole family. It’s packed with nutrients and flavor, and it’s so simple to make. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in some fiber and protein!
For example, this recipe is made with whole wheat pasta, which is a great source of fiber. And, it’s made with low-fat milk and cheese, so it’s lower in calories and fat than traditional mac and cheese recipes.
Serve It With Some of Our Favorites!
Add some more flavor and nourishment to this meal by pairing it with some of our favorite veggie sides:
- Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Aioli
- Roasted Veggie Salad
- Easy Sautéed Greens
- Broccoli Cashew Crunch Salad
How To Make One Skillet Mac and Cheese
Make this one dish mac and cheese in a few simple steps! Start by cooking the macaroni according to the package instructions. Then, add milk and vegetable broth to a large skillet over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
After that, add the cooked macaroni and cheddar cheese to the milk mixture. Stir until the cheese is melted and the macaroni is well coated. Finally, add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Make sure they are fully incorporated and melted, then sprinkle with salt. Pair with your favorite veggie dish and enjoy!
Easy One Skillet Mac and Cheese
- 3 cups whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 1/2 cups skim milk You may need less milk, see instructions below.
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese low-fat, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese park-skim shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Cook macaroni as per package instructions
- Add milk and vegetable broth to a large skillet over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked macaroni and cheddar cheese to the milk mixture. Stir until the cheese is melted and the macaroni is well coated.
- Add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Stir until the cheeses are fully melted.
- Season with salt, to taste, and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Want more recipes like this sent directly to your inbox? If so, be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest to not only get fantastic healthy recipes, but also to receive exercise tips, meal plans, and much more!