We know what you’re thinking. Making a traditional lasagna is not exactly simple to accomplish on a busy weeknight. Classic lasagna, made by skilled Italian grandmothers across the world, is no easy feat. The crucial ingredients must all be cooked to perfection in separate pots and pans. Bechamel? One pan. Ragu? One pan. Noodles? One pan. Think of the multitasking and the cleanup afterward!
Do yourself a favor and take a look at our recipe for Easy Skillet Lasagna. One skillet. An abundance of delicious ingredients. One great meal. All of that, and none of the back breaking clean up after dinner! After you’ve readied your ingredients in the skillet, finish your dinner in the oven, and you’ve got yourself a lasagna that your friends and family will never guess was this simple to prepare.
And on top of that, this is a healthy lasagna recipe, to boot! We’ve substituted heart healthy ground turkey for beef, veal, and pork. Turkey provides lean protein without the fat, cholesterol, and calories of red meat and pork. We use low fat mozzarella in this recipe as well. You won’t taste the difference, but this cuts down on this meal’s fat and calories, while still delivering that ooey gooey texture you love. Serve this on a weeknight, because it’s that simple. Or serve it for guests, because it’s just that impressive!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 317 | Total Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 55 mg | Sodium: 438 mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 20 g | SmartPoints: 10
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese, diced
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Over medium heat, in a deep, medium skillet, sautè the garlic in extra virgin olive oil.
- When the garlic has turned golden and fragrant, add the turkey.
- When the turkey has changed color, add the tomatoes and water then cook for about 15 minutes.
- Season with the dried oregano, salt and pepper. Adjust the taste accordingly.
- Add the lasagna noodles, tearing if needed to distribute well. Push them inside the sauce to layer them.
- Turn the heat to low then cover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the lasagna noodles are cooked through. Turn off the fire.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan and the mozzarella then cover again to make them melt.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with the parsley then serve.
More Easy Lasagna Dishes at SkinnyMs.:
Like us on Facebook and get the skinny on new recipes and workouts straight from the source. And be sure to check out our Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter for the best of the best in clean eating and workout challenges.
Speak your mind in our comments section! We’d love to hear your thoughts on this post, and on our other content.