An easy and tasty morning skillet: the perfect way to start your day!
Skillet meals are great because they’re quick and easy. They’re especially great for breakfast, when your crunched for time. The next time you need a hearty, filling breakfast, look no further than this easy skillet potatoes with eggs and turkey sausage. It has tons of protein, thanks to the eggs and turkey sausage, and you can add extra veggies for an added nutrient boost. You can also make this breakfast even easier by making the turkey sausage ahead of time. Our Skinny Breakfast Sausage freezes well, so you can always have some on hand. If you treat yourself to a scrumptious morning meal, your day will be off to a great start.
Easy Skillet Potatoes with Eggs and Turkey Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups Idaho potatoes peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced small
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced small
- 1 pound ground turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 whole eggs lightly beaten
- 6 egg whites lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese low-fat, shredded
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil on medium heat. Once hot add the potatoes, onion, and green pepper. Cook until the potatoes are lightly browned and tender.
- Add the ground turkey sausage to the pan in small chunks, about 1 tablespoon of meat per chunk. Stir to cook the sausage and lightly breaking the turkey sausage into smaller pieces.
- While the turkey sausage cooks, combine the whole eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and lightly whisk together.
- Once the sausage is cooked through add the egg mix to the skillet. Lightly move the eggs around the skillet with a spatula or wooden spoon to cook and scramble.
- When the eggs are fully cooked remove the skillet from the heat. Top with shredded cheese and cover until cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms