Bring a little sweetness to breakfast!
We all have mornings when we crave a sweet breakfast. However, you don’t need to buy the sugary doughnut or fatty muffin on your way to work. Instead, take a few minutes to make this banana and peanut butter bagel. The banana and caramelized sugar will satisfy your sweet tooth without adding inches to your waistline. It even has nutritional value! Peanut butter is a great source of protein and healthy fats, and whole-wheat bagels are a good source of fiber. The fiber and protein in this tasty treat will keep you full until lunchtime and give you plenty of energy. You’ll feel healthy, satisfied, and ready to tackle your day!
Bruleed Banana and Peanut Butter Bagel
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese fat-free
- 1 whole-wheat bagel split in half
- 1 banana small
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- Preheat to oven broiler to high heat and lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Do not use parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and cream cheese. Mix until well combined and smooth. Spread onto the sliced side of each bagel half and place onto the baking sheet - peanut butter side facing up.
- Slice the banana into 1/4 inch circles and place on top of the peanut butter mixture. Lightly sprinkle the coconut sugar on the top of each banana.
- Place in oven and broil until the sugar on top of the bananas is browned and caramelized, about 3 to 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms