Try something new with endive!
Have you ever tasted white gold? You have if you’ve eaten endive! In France, endive is known as “white gold”, and it’s bursting with beneficial minerals. Combining this leaf with apples, almonds, and walnuts makes an ultimate superfood salad. Get in the kitchen and try it out for yourself.
Endive & Apple Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove small, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or walnut oil
For the salad
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 8 Belgian endives rinsed, ends removed
- 2 apples or 1 apple and 1 pear, cored and sliced in half-moon slices
- 1/4 cup pecans toasted
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese, crumbled or cubed
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, salt, dijon mustard, honey, and garlic until combined well. Whisk in the oil.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing, top with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also enjoy: