Figs take center stage in this seasonal salad.
This seasonal salad is a refreshing treat year-round, but its earthy ingredients really sing in the cooler weather. Antioxidant-rich figs and grapes add sweetness, and iron-rich spinach contributes a green, leafy crunch. Topping this salad with walnuts and roasted seeds adds protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. Place this dish on your holiday table, and its vibrant colors and flavors will wow your friends and family!
Fig, Grape, and Spinach Salad
- 2 to 3 figs quartered
- 12 grapes halved, more or less
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/8 cup roasted pumpkin seeds or roasted squash seeds
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix the spinach, figs, grapes, squash seeds, and walnuts in a bowl or on a salad plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and salt. Adjust the taste.
- Pour the dressing on the salad when ready to eat.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.