This seasonal salad is a refreshing treat year-round, but its earthy ingredients really sing in the cooler weather. Antioxidant-rich figs and grapes add sweetness, and iron-rich spinach contributes a green, leafy crunch. Topping this salad with walnuts and roasted seeds adds protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. Place this dish on your holiday table, and its vibrant colors and flavors will wow your friends and family!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 212 | Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: mg | Sodium: 98 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 2 - 3 figs, quartered
- 12 (more or less) grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/8 cup roasted pumpkin seeds or roasted squash seeds
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix the spinach, figs, grapes, squash seeds and walnuts in a bowl or on a salad plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and salt. Adjust the taste.
- Pour the dressing on the salad when ready to eat.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.