What better name for a smoothie that’s packed with ingredients topping the superfoods’ list, than Fountain of Youth Smoothie? This recipe is one the entire family will enjoy, including the kids. Kale and spinach provide rich immune-boosting qualities, while the banana and honeydew melon take over the taste.
Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 162 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 36mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Dietary Fiber: 6g | Sugars: 11g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints: 6 |
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded
- 1/8 honeydew melon, cut into about 10 (1-inch) cubes
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped green kale, stems removed
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk (almond or soy will work)
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Add additional milk for a thinner consistency, if desired.
- This recipe is featured in our cookbook, Skinny Ms. Superfoods, which can be found here.