Indulge in the ultimate leafy green experience with this Fresh & Hearty Salad! Our stress-free recipe features clean, garden-fresh ingredients your taste buds and body will love. The salad doesn’t just pack in numerous tastes and textures – it also delivers countless health benefits.
Brightly bold veggies like bell peppers and cherry tomatoes complement juicy tangerine slices and chewy edamame. Sliced almonds are sprinkled in for a delicate crunch. A terrifically tangy dressing made with vitamin-packed foods like olive oil, vinegar, and Dijon mustard completes the delicious dish.
This nutrient-rich salad makes a perfect side or a light, satisfying lunch.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 129 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 172mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints: 5
- 6 cups chopped or baby mixed salad greens of choice
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup jarred, canned (no sweetener), or fresh mandarin or tangerine slices
- 1 cup (half pint) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup thawed or fresh edamame, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together oregano, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking while pouring.
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- Add salad dressing and toss or serve on the side.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.