Indulge in the ultimate leafy green experience with this Fresh & Hearty Salad! Our stress-free recipe features clean, garden-fresh ingredients your taste buds and body will love. The salad doesn’t just pack in numerous tastes and textures – it also delivers countless health benefits.
Brightly bold veggies like bell peppers and cherry tomatoes complement juicy tangerine slices and chewy edamame. Sliced almonds are sprinkled in for a delicate crunch. A terrifically tangy dressing made with vitamin-packed foods like olive oil, vinegar, and Dijon mustard completes the delicious dish.
This nutrient-rich salad makes a perfect side or a light, satisfying lunch.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 129 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 172mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints: 5
- 6 cups chopped or baby mixed salad greens of choice
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup jarred, canned (no sweetener), or fresh mandarin or tangerine slices
- 1 cup (half pint) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup thawed or fresh edamame, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Whisk together oregano, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking while pouring.
Toss all salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
Add salad dressing and toss or serve on the side.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.