If you want to satisfy your chocolate craving without adding another notch to your belt, try our fabulous Fudge Brownie Bites! Like most of our dessert recipes, this recipe is quick and easy, making it very convenient for those who need a quick sugar fix. Surprisingly, there is no real sugar in the recipe. The sweetness comes from dates, also known as “nature’s candy.” For substitutions, you can replace the dates with prunes and the walnuts with Brazil nuts. These special treats have a long refrigerator life and an even longer freezer life. You can make an extra large batch and pop them in the freezer for an abundance of future goodies. Of all the brownie recipes we’ve tested, this healthy option is the tastiest.
Yields: Servings 10 | Serving Size: 1 Piece | Calories: 124 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: mg | Sodium: mg | Carbohydrates: 16 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 cup dates (no added sweeteners)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa, good quality
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water (use additional water if needed)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (optional)
- In a food processor combine walnuts ad almonds and pulse to a crumb like consistency...being sure to leave some course pieces for texture. Remove nuts and place in a medium bowl.
- Combine crumbed nuts with cocoa and vanilla, mix with a large spoon.
- Add dates to the food processor and pulse several times until they are a gooey consistency.
- This is very important...must be very gooey, as in one big ball. Add to nut mixture along with vanilla and water. You will need to use your hands to knead the mixture until there is one large ball...this will take a few minutes. Shape into 1-2 inch truffles as seen in photo.
- Combine additional cocoa and sprinkle on half of the truffles (optional). If preferred, shape into small bars instead of balls. Cover and refrigerate. Enjoy!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Have you tried our Fudge Brownie Bites? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.