Asian veggie dishes are easy to prepare!
Asian vegetable dishes don’t require complex preparation. Just toss your veggies in the pan with soy sauce and sesame oil to give them a distinctive Eastern flavor. Vegetables are best enjoyed when the crunch is retained by cooking them only minimally. If you have the basic Asian ingredients at home, which are so accessible nowadays, let’s start cooking! Oops, did we say to have the steamed white rice ready to enjoy this bok choy dish even more? Enjoy!
Garlicky Sautèed Bok Choy
- 4 bok choy heads small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce lite (low-sodium) or coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cut off and discard the base of the bok choy and rinse the leaves under the tap to get rid of sediments then pat them dry.
- There are two options to present the bok choy: One is you cut off the white stalks to separate them from the leaves then chop both parts to smaller pieces but separately. Another way is to leave the bok choy whole. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a large saucepan with olive oil, sautè the garlic fast for about 20 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Here you have two ways to do it, depending if you chose to chop the bok choy or not. When the sauce starts to sizzle, add the whole bok choy, and cook for about 7 minutes. If you chose to cut off the white stalk from the leaves, cook first the white part for about 5 minutes then add the leaves at the end of cooking, leaving them for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the sesame oil and sprinkle the sesame seeds. Toss for 1 minute.
- Serve with steamed white rice and as a side dish to a simple main dish of meat or fish.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
There are a lot of amazing Asian-inspired dishes to choose from among our recipes:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.