With a prep time of 15 minutes, this savory salad is a no-brainer!
When the temperature starts to rise and the days get longer, it’s time to swap wintery soups and stews for some cooler fare. Our Asian Salad with Crispy Chicken does the trick! This Asian-inspired recipe takes less than 15 minutes to prepare, has only 173 calories per serving, and is sure to satisfy. We used savoy cabbage, or curly cabbage, which is used in many Asian dishes and salads. Savory cabbage has a milder taste than traditional green cabbage.
For a low-cal dessert, we recommend Skinny Mini Strawberries in Balsamic-Yogurt Sauce, just 51 calories for each mini dessert.
Asian Salad with Crispy Chicken
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cups savoy cabbage or curly, shredded, optional napa cabbage
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 carrot peeled, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Place sesame seeds in a dry non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet add olive oil and sesame oil, turn heat to medium-high, cook chicken cubes until cooked through and crispy, approximately 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add all dressing ingredients, whisk until combined.
- Combine cooked chicken, cabbage, lettuce, and carrots in a large salad bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad mix and toss to combine. Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms