Who would have guessed gluten-free pancakes would taste as scrumptious as these blueberry beauties look? Time to fire up the griddle and get to flipping pancakes, cause the whole family will enjoy this ultra yummy breakfast.
Sadly, when you are forced to follow a gluten free diet, you learn there are a number of foods you need to give up. The trade-off is worth it because you feel much healthier, but most people tend to crave foods they know they can never eat again. Their favorites from before are even more tempting, now that they are completely off limits. This gluten free blueberry pancake recipes makes it possible to enjoy a favorite from your gluten-included days without suffering any consequences. If you are short on gluten free recipes, check out a few options from our collection of gluten-free recipes.
Pancake recipes are usually quite simple. This one is no exception. Healthy pancakes come in all shapes and sizes, and with the added bonus of blueberries, you can start your morning with a healthy, gluten free treat. You can save this blueberry pancake recipe for a special occasion or Sunday morning, or whip up a big batch at the beginning of the week, so you can heat them up each morning before school or work.
Try this recipe paired with our individual egg and spinach bowls.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving size: 2 pancakes | Calories: 345 | Total Fat: 17 gm | Saturated Fats: 10 gm| Trans Fats: 0 gm| Cholesterol: 0 mg| Sodium:388 mg| Carbohydrates: 38 gm| Dietary fiber: 3 gm| Sugars: 12 gm | Protein: 10 gm | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13 |
- 2 cups Quinoa flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder (Clabber Girl brand is gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea or extra fine kosher salt
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts, optional
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, or canola oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups fat free kefir, plain (or low fat buttermilk)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- *NOTE: For a dairy free version substitute 1 1/2 cups soy or almond milk in place of kefir.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients. In another mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients, except blueberries. Pour wet mixture into dry and stir just until combined and most lumps disappear, fold in blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick griddle to 350 degrees, or medium-low heat in a large nonstick skillet, or until a drop of water sizzles when dropped on. Pour in 1/3 cup pancake mix.
- Turn pancakes over when they begin to dry around the edges and are golden on the bottom. If desired, top pancakes with additional blueberries and drizzle with 100% pure maple syrup.
For delicious Quinoa recipes check out ‘The New Quinoa eBook ~ Healthy Alternatives to Traditional Recipes‘
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.