Healthy pancakes? Yes please!
Who would have guessed gluten-free pancakes would taste as scrumptious as these blueberry beauties look? Time to fire up the griddle and get to flipping pancakes, cause the whole family will enjoy this ultra yummy breakfast.
Sadly, when you are forced to follow a gluten free diet, you learn there are a number of foods you need to give up. The trade-off is worth it because you feel much healthier, but most people tend to crave foods they know they can never eat again. Their favorites from before are even more tempting, now that they are completely off limits. This gluten free blueberry pancake recipes makes it possible to enjoy a favorite from your gluten-included days without suffering any consequences. If you are short on gluten free recipes, check out a few options from our collection of gluten-free recipes.
Pancake recipes are usually quite simple. This one is no exception. Healthy pancakes come in all shapes and sizes, and with the added bonus of blueberries, you can start your morning with a healthy, gluten free treat. You can save this blueberry pancake recipe for a special occasion or Sunday morning, or whip up a big batch at the beginning of the week, so you can heat them up each morning before school or work.
Try this recipe paired with our individual egg and spinach bowls.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder Clabber Girl brand is gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or extra fine kosher salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts diced, optional
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil unrefined, or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups kefir plain, fat-free, or low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries fresh
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients. In another mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients, except blueberries. Pour wet mixture into dry and stir just until combined and most lumps disappear, fold in blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick griddle to 350 degrees, or medium-low heat in a large nonstick skillet, or until a drop of water sizzles when dropped on. Pour in 1/3 cup pancake mix.
- Turn pancakes over when they begin to dry around the edges and are golden on the bottom. If desired, top pancakes with additional blueberries and drizzle with 100% pure maple syrup.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For delicious Quinoa recipes check out ‘The New Quinoa eBook ~ Healthy Alternatives to Traditional Recipes‘
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.