This is one of the best recipes for stuffed peppers!
When I traveled in Greece I sampled several vegan versions of stuffed vegetables. Greek rice stuffed peppers is one of my favorites. I switched out the traditional Arborio rice for brown rice to make this a whole grain version. If you like the combination of lemon and dill you’re going to love these! When I serve these at dinner parties they’re a huge hit!
Veronica Grace is a self taught “chef” and food enthusiast who focuses on promoting a low fat vegan approach to a whole foods diet and lifestyle. She teaches and encourages people to eat fresh plant based foods as much as possible and stays up to date on current research in the natural health and plant based diet world. So follow along on her inventive food journey and enjoy a simple, tasty healthy lifestyle. You can find her on her Low Fat Vegan Chef , Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.
Wait until you taste this amazing recipe from Veronica Grace of Low Fat Vegan Chef. Bon Appetit!
Greek Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers large, or 8 small, any color but green
- 1 onion large, diced
- 3 carrots medium, peeled and diced
- 3 zucchinis small, peeled and diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley chopped, loosely packed
- 3/4 cup fresh dill de-stemmed and chopped, loosely packed
- 1/2 to 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon herbamare or salt
- 1 lemon cut into wedges - optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F /175° C. Cut tops off of peppers like you would a jack-o-lantern, remove seeds, and wash thoroughly.
- Place in an oven-safe dish arranged upright and put tops back on. Bake at for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large pan sauté onions, carrots and zucchini in vegetable broth for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and tomato paste and coat thoroughly.
- Add parsley, dill, lemon juice, pepper, and Herbamare and stir to combine.
- When peppers are ready, remove from oven and fill with stuffing.
- Place tops back on peppers and bake for an extra 30-40 minutes until peppers are soft.
- Serve additional wedges of lemon if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms